Monday, May 2, 2011

Speed Bump

My mom calls them speed bumps. She discovered the analogy right after my step father passed away, and I find it quite perfect. She would say that she would be fine...cruising down the highway of life, everything seemingly ok, and then she would hit a "speed bump" and lose control of her emotions. It was how we justified that little outbreak of tears that somehow manages to sneak back in, taking us totally by surprise.

Today is a speed bump day. I was doing fine. I would even go as far as to say I was doing great. There was no overwhelming sadness..just a little twinge of pain and emptiness every once in a while when I would stumble upon something that was so "us". But...overall I was doing fine. Then, today. I guess because it's been raining non stop. Or because I'm sleeping alone. Or maybe, it was a "just because" with no real rhyme or reason to it. Either way, today kinda hurts. Today is a sucky day.

Today is a speed bump day.

I really hope tomorrow is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment